Latte {Knitting}

Thursday 15 November 2012

There are some projects that just take longer than others. But the result makes that all day of knitting really worth it! Yes, Umaro is finished - and it is looking amazing on the bed. It is a beautiful pattern and I would recommend knitting one for yourself. The pattern is not actually that hard - but I always had to have my hard copy version next to me, way too many changes for me to remember them all. However it is quick knit - considering you are knitting a whole blanket (thanks to the 10mm circular needles). 

The cushion cover is an upcycled project


 Pattern: Umaro by the talented Jared Flood (Ravelry)
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Lana Grande in Latte (in double) - the whole of 6 skeins
Needle size: 10 mm circular
Modification: Added one repeat to the width, and two repeats to the length chart
Final measurements: 140cm x 200cm (blocked)




It is a well-written pattern, and you really get the result you expect from the pictures - a very professional looking blanket, that you cannot find in shops. I am glad I stuck to the recommended yarn - it is quite good value in the end, especially for a 100% wool yarn. There are many colours available so you are not limited. 

The next project for that room is to turn this fabric bought on Ebay - Marimekko Lumimarja design - into two smaller cushion covers. I just need to work out where to cut it. 


I can also focus on the baby blanket and makes some progress with it. And considering how Umaro turned out, I cannot wait to see the result. 

27 comments:

  1. That blanket is divine. Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! Your Umaro is fantastic! I bow down to your level and capacity for patience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe you knitted a whole blanket, not to mention such a beautiful one. That Marimekko fabric looks like it will co-ordinate beautifully with Umaro as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! I can't imagine knitting a blanket - I struggle to finish scarves! It looks gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely gorgeous! Love the colour you chose. Can't wait to see the finished cushions, a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is just stunning - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So? How are we feeling ? Sooo excited for you! Lovely knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful blanket! That will be so snuggly and warm on a cold winter's night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! that is a seriously beautiful blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful. Wow! I'd love to snuggly in right away but unfortunately, I have to go to work now. :-) Have a nice weekend. Regula

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW, your blanket is just gorgeous. I want to make one myself now, it is just that fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That blanket is beautiful! Wow, for me such big projects are still a little daunting.
    Yours is amazing though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I wish I had the stamina for that big a project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That really is a stunning blanket. I love the colour of the yarn, and the stitch definition is just beautiful. It's definitely going to be something to treasure for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa! Wait!! You knitted an entire blanket?? And it's so gorgeous. I'm super impressed. I can crochet anything I want, but I have *never* been able to work knitting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that blanket!! The pattern works up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! This is going on me "When I finally finish a sweater and stop losing steam halfway through" to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is absolutely beautiful, I can see why it is worth all the time you spend knitting it. Your bed looks like one you would see in a catalogue, or magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful. I don't think I'd have the patience to knit a whole blanket but seeing this makes me very tempted to start!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful, it looks stunning on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, that is gorgeous, Nat! Fantastic texture!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful - fabulous knitting - but it must have taken so long to do and so heavy to haul around even on circular needles

    ReplyDelete